Happy New Year and Happy Knitting to us all!
Nooooo, this is not the first project off the needles for Christmas 2008! I just wanted to post a picture of the more 'manly' cloths completed for my 2 male colleagues in amongst the sea of lace that was my last posting. I'm not sure how clearly this picture has turned out ... but if you have several glasses of wine and squint, you can clearly see Santa's face;) The pattern was very cleverly created by KrisKnits (http://krisknits.blogspot.com/2007/12/that-one-last-gift.html). Kris's photo's show the design much more favourably than my cr*p lighting (doh ... you would think I'd know better than try to take pictures at nearly 11pm on a winter's evening!) and duff photography!
Like many of us in the knitting community, I've been thinking back over the past year and reflecting on the joy of new friendships and skills. The online community, even before Ravelry, has inspired me so much over the past year ... thank you all! This year, I've tackled new skills and tried existing, almost forgotten, skills including:
- done a provisional cast on
- used picot edging
- improved my finishing techniques and mastered mattress stitch
- learned the value of swatching (better 30+ years late than never!)
- blocked finished garments
- tried felting - on purpose rather than by mistake
- become reacquainted with cable and lace work
- tried mini-programming whilst tweaking at blog format
- done a little stash enhancement;)