Sunday 30 December 2007

Happy New Year and Happy Knitting to us all!


Nooooo, this is not the first project off the needles for Christmas 2008! I just wanted to post a picture of the more 'manly' cloths completed for my 2 male colleagues in amongst the sea of lace that was my last posting. I'm not sure how clearly this picture has turned out ... but if you have several glasses of wine and squint, you can clearly see Santa's face;) The pattern was very cleverly created by KrisKnits (http://krisknits.blogspot.com/2007/12/that-one-last-gift.html). Kris's photo's show the design much more favourably than my cr*p lighting (doh ... you would think I'd know better than try to take pictures at nearly 11pm on a winter's evening!) and duff photography!

Like many of us in the knitting community, I've been thinking back over the past year and reflecting on the joy of new friendships and skills. The online community, even before Ravelry, has inspired me so much over the past year ... thank you all! This year, I've tackled new skills and tried existing, almost forgotten, skills including:
  • done a provisional cast on
  • used picot edging
  • improved my finishing techniques and mastered mattress stitch
  • learned the value of swatching (better 30+ years late than never!)
  • blocked finished garments
  • tried felting - on purpose rather than by mistake
  • become reacquainted with cable and lace work
  • tried mini-programming whilst tweaking at blog format
  • done a little stash enhancement;)
I wonder what the coming year will bring us all - but want to wish health, happiness and fascinating projects to us all.

13 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Love the washcloth. :0) I can see Santa's face clearly - and I've only had one G&T (so far!) *LOL*

Happy 2008 to you and yours. Hope it's a good one. :0)

Monday, December 31, 2007  
Blogger Piglottie said...

I can see Santa's face!!! Although I agree with you its a terrible time of year to take pics. I also learning provisional cast on and picot edge this year and love them both.

Wishing you a Happy New Year too, and much peace, happiness and laughter for 2008 :)

Monday, December 31, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy New Year!! Love that washcloth, Santa shows up so well.

Monday, December 31, 2007  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Hahaha! Love how "done a little stash enhancement" is doing it's innocuous best, hiding at the end of the list.

Happy new year.

Monday, December 31, 2007  
Blogger Linda said...

Have a great new year! x

Monday, December 31, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

i actually saw santa before you pointed it out! have a happy new year!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow - what a haul of facecloths - congratulations on getting all those knit!

Wishing you a wonderful 2008 too.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008  
Blogger kathryn said...

Wishing you a Very Happy and Healthy 2008 :)

Wednesday, January 02, 2008  
Blogger Joanna said...

I can just make out Santas Face, its a bit like the Turin Shroud, although I don't mean to offend anyone with my comment, if you know what I mean.
Happy New Year to you and Yours and Happy Knitting!!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

I can see Santa!!! (I feel I should point that out, like you do when you "suddenly" get those hidden 3d pictures!

Happy New Year to you and all yours.

Friday, January 04, 2008  
Blogger MandellaUK said...

Yes you clearly can see Santa's face. Didn't you tackle a lot last year? I always forget all the nerdy computer stuff we end up having to get to grips with just to run a blog.

Saturday, January 05, 2008  
Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Happy New Year! That's a brilliant washcloth.

Sunday, January 06, 2008  
Blogger Joy said...

I could see Santa's face too :-)

A very Happy New Year to you too. I hope it's just as productive as 2007

Thursday, January 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home