Monday 27 July 2009

Leaves and lilies...

AtomicKnitting saved the day! Emma has very kindly let me use one of the pics from her site so that I can share one of the knitting related gifts I was lucky enough to receive on my birthday. Voila! The gorgeous Russian Doll stitch markers DD1 gave me. Aren't they fab?
See below to completely understand why I sent pathetic distress signals to Emma. My attempt doesn't quite capture their ambiance, does it?
On the knitting front, I am truly nearly there on the Leaf Yoke jumper. The body and sleeves knit up in a flash. However, the leaf yoke seems to have taken forever to complete. If I'd taken any longer to finish, the leaves would have changed from green to autumnal shades and then fallen off the blessed yoke. This top looks as though it will be really wearable (hopefully!) and I'd knit another - though it may be a thought to tackle the yoke first, and end on the 'quick fix' back and front (both knitted identically).
ooOoo
In between the torrential showers we've been having in South Wales, I've been pottering around with some planters. My most recent fixation appears to be Calla lilies. My aim is that they'll be dotted around in pots on the imaginary patio that MrB plans to create at the kitchen door. Bless, we really are soul mates... his productivity in DIY terms is matched only by my finish-off rate in woollen garments!! I suppose that means neither can nag the other??

Calla

The flower formation is quite different in this Calla.

DD1's passion is for Oriental lilies and she has entrusted me with her 'baby'.

MissBlethersTheYounger has just returned from a trip north to visit her father. Given our renowned good luck, guess which flight the young lady was booked onto? She did get there ... eventually!!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger kathy b said...

Okay those stitch markers take the cake! I love them. Great gift. Glad you got to show them.
Your lilies are amazing.....

Tuesday, July 28, 2009  
Blogger Alison said...

Oh my goodness! Those are the CUTEST stitch markers I have ever seen!! Enjoy them!! :-)

Wednesday, July 29, 2009  
Blogger Linda said...

I love Atomic Knittings stitch markers and the plant is so nice.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those stitch markers, they make my home made ones look rubbish!

Friday, August 07, 2009  
Blogger Sarah said...

Too much cuteness in stitch marker form!

Friday, August 07, 2009  
Blogger Daisy said...

Oh wow, love the stitchmarkers! Know what you mean about getting on with things and getting them done. I'm just as bad!

Friday, August 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home