Saturday 26 September 2009

Almost tropical autumn

Tropicana Socks
Tropicana socks (pattern by Sabine Riefler), using The YarnYard Pink Goth 4ply sock yarn. This is a wonderful pattern for variegated yarns, creating striking undulations of colour (Can't quite believe I typed that last sentence. But hey, it's out there and staying!

Modifications:
  • Changed heel from short row to standard flap heel to make sure it accommodated daughter’s high instep (Sorry, pet, I know you inherited that from me!).

  • The pattern produces a fairly dense fabric, so reduced stitches to 64 stitches and completed in plain stocking stitch.
Autumn must be in the air in the animal kingdom too. We looked out of the windows just after mid-day to see an unusual sight for suburbian Cardiff - an adult fox sauntering along the pavement!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

Leicester has loads of urban foxes, we have one that comes through our back garden bringing its cubs every spring.

By the way very pretty socks.

Saturday, September 26, 2009  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

It was fascinating to see, cc - and was really surprised to see it in the middle of the day.

And thank you so much for the award! I'll pass on the honours very soon...

Saturday, September 26, 2009  
Blogger Linda said...

They are lovely socks. We live in a town but have a fox who comes and sleeps under our tree. The cat just looks at him!

Sunday, September 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty socks! I agree, that pattern worked with the yarn perfectly.

Monday, September 28, 2009  
Blogger Daisy said...

Thanks for the link to the pattern. I love variegated yarns but it's always difficult to find a pattern that does them justice!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009  
Blogger Steph said...

Oooh, lovely!

Friday, October 02, 2009  
Blogger Ling said...

Love the socks - great pairing of yarn and pattern. Wow!

Saturday, October 03, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to live in Leicester too and often saw foxes on the way home from the pub. I know there are foxes around here (I live on the back of a wood) as I've heard them, but never seen them. For a while I did have badgers raiding my bins, but they seem to have dissapeared again!

Beautiful socks Ms Blethers. Sorry i haven't written much...been busy. My new years resolution is to try and keep in touch with everyone!
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. x

Monday, December 28, 2009  
Anonymous Zyle said...

I just stumbled across your socks - wow they are pretty!! What a fantastic pattern for showing off the beautiful yarn.

Friday, January 29, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home