Monday 5 January 2009

New year ... new projects

Happy New Year! Hoping 2009 brings health, happiness and fibrey contentment to us all:o)

We had a peaceful Christmas and a little time off work which allowed for some knitting time. These are hot off the needles:

The remainder of the skein of Fyberspates Scrumptious DK was used for this cowl. It's just the perfect texture to wear next to the skin and is beautifully soft. I gave it to my friend today (first opportunity to meet since Christmas) and it's off yomping over the Peak District with her in a couple of weeks.

DD1 asked me to knit a couple of things for her planned Secret Santa amongst her University friends. Bless her, she's not quite mastered how long it might take to produce a Finish Off! She asked for a Column of Leaves Scarf (free pattern on Ravelry ... and lovely to be repeated pattern in the future) and an Ipod Touch/Phone Sockem
I used a tiny amount from a left over sock skein - Natural Dye Studio yarn but am blowed if I can remember the colour! It seemed to fit with DD1's requirements - "nice colour that won't show dirt"!! Makes you kind of wonder about the company she keeps, eh?? I changed the rib pattern to knit into the back of the stitch and am happy with how it turned out. However, it's a strange feeling going back to work with 4 ply yarn and 2.5mm needles again ... all my recent projects have been in aran/worsted or DK.

I gave into temptation and curiosity too - not that it takes much to tempt me to get more yarn:o) Having seen so many fantastic projects on Ravelry and hearing so much enthusiasm for Manos Silk Blend, I ordered a skein from Violet Green (online store). Ohhhh, it's lovely! This thing I've got with silk content at the moment is getting a little worrying;o)

Isn't it gorgeous??

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Manos Silk Blend is beautiful! And you picked a lovely color.

Monday, January 05, 2009  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Happy New Year!

I love the cowl and the Manos looks yummy, I will have to try some :-)

Monday, January 05, 2009  
Blogger Kitty said...

That cowl is gorgeous! What a lucky friend. That Manos yarn is the most wonderful colour - I'm a sucker for blues and greens. x

Monday, January 05, 2009  
Blogger kathy b said...

Ive missed you a ton! So happy to see you blogging again.

Monday, January 05, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh...pretty, pretty! That cowl is lovely. And the silk is tempting...not that I need any more temptations!

Tuesday, January 06, 2009  
Blogger RoxyK said...

Happy New Year!!

Lovin' that Manos Silk Blend :)

Tuesday, January 06, 2009  
Blogger Linda said...

The cowl is lovely. That yarn is rather nice too, enjoy using it!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy New Year :o)

Friday, January 09, 2009  
Blogger tandemsandy said...

hi hun love the cowal funnily I did a cowl this month with Manos silk blend isn't it lovely to knit with

Friday, January 23, 2009  
Blogger Liz said...

I really love that cowl!

Sunday, February 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home