Saturday 4 October 2008

Hangdog made me do it!

HangdogBlethers looked at me beseechingly, sending telepathic dog-waves saying that we were both in need of some retail therapy. How could I say no!


So the two of us set off on some serious Internet browsing and found some absolute treasures!
Firstly, some gorgeous yarn from Fyberspates


The colours are beautiful - muted, soft greens with soft browns. Fingers crossed this is destined to become a Forest Canopy shawl (by Susan Lawrence), a Christmas present for my mum. Be warned, there may be some shouts for help as I tackle the dreaded lace for the first time in years!

One of my colleagues is expecting a little granddaughter to arrive at any moment and the poor mum has had quite a difficult pregnancy. I wanted to make a little something to welcome the new child and to let them know they are in my thoughts. Given my recent affinity with the February Lady Sweater, I reckoned the Baby Sweater on 2 needles, by Elizabeth Zimmermann, would be perfect. The pattern appears to cover a range of weights of yarn ~ the weight selected will affect the size of the garment. I've never used any Crystal Palace yarn but thought that Bunny Hop looked a lovely option. I acquired a small selection of Bunny Hop from Button's stash page on Ravelry. Thank you, button!


A little more bedtime reading fell into my shopping cart, making its way recently from the States. For anyone who likes aran patterns, this comes highly recommended with a fantastic range of patterns. There are several projects I'd like to tackle .... ohhhh for a 45 hour day!!!

I loved these buttons too! I haven't a clue what they will eventually fasten - but in the meantime I'm happy just to view them as eye candy!

ooOoo
Many of us have become more environmentally conscious and try to contribute to re-cycling projects etc. I had to include this! This is how I found Louise, our grey tabby, this morning! All cuddled up inside a carrier bag on MissBletherTheElder's bed. The bag did say it was re-usable and Louise and certainly put it to good use!


ooOoo
A very special thank you to terri who very generously sent me an award (blushing like a school girl here!). Please check out terri's blog to see the fabulous knits she creates ... and the nearly-most-handsome dog in the world. Sorry, terri, my 3 would never forgive me if I publicly announced Scooby was better looking;o)

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you're going to keep busy for a while. The Fyberspates yarn looks quite lovely. Have fun with all your knitting.

Sunday, October 05, 2008  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

I honestly am trying to behave myself and purchase yarn for specific projects only:o) I never had a stash at all in the past, but have become a semi-stashaholic since my return to knitting and the advent of internet forums. I even had a fleeting thought the other day that I could store it in DD1's built-in wardrobe when she flees the nest... Poor kid, I'll be packing for her next!!

Sunday, October 05, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ha - when you have to blame the dog for your online purchasing habits you know things are bad ;o)

Sunday, October 05, 2008  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

lol Things ARE bad, Sarah;o)

Sunday, October 05, 2008  
Blogger Joy said...

What lovely lovely purchases :-)

Honestly - fancy blaming the dog lol!!

Monday, October 06, 2008  
Blogger Linda said...

Well done on your award, the yarn therapy is great. I hope the dog enjoyed it too!

Monday, October 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh I love that Fyberspates yarn, what beautiful colours and that button is beautiful.
The books look great too, they should keep you busy for a while.
What a clever dog you have there.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008  
Blogger kathy b said...

Way to keep the ecoomy going! Love your shawl pick. ANd I love those buttons. Having just ended my botton search for the latest cardigan I knit, I am going to start stocking up on wonder buttons. Those wonderful ones we don't know what we'll use for buttons. Great job on your February. Just lovely. Your scarf is gorgeous.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008  
Blogger Morticcia said...

That button is gorgeous. It's the type of button where you design the sweater around it!

Ravelry is the worst for numbing spending inhibitions. How can you say no when there are people out there with over three hundred skeins of yarn in their stash?

Wednesday, October 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home