Tuesday 2 September 2008

It may be September, but...

... it's cold enough for February!

Or, to be more precise, a February Lady Sweater. Pamela Wynne designed this pattern which has taken the knitting world (or at least, Ravelry!) by storm. Pamela has very generously made the pattern available, free, at www.flintknits.com. It's an extremely clearly written pattern and can be modified to suit personal tastes very easily.

I finished off this one recently and have made notes of the modifications I made as I went along:


Started: 19/7/08
Finished: 15/8/08
Yarn: New Lanark Mills Donegal Silk Tweed Aran in Cobalt
Quantity: approximately 650g

Raglan increases:
I replaced the original m1's to yo's instead. This eliminated the need to work with stitch markers.

Garter stitch yoke:
Added an extra 11 rows of garter stitch after the increase row to accommodate my "hearty beauties"!

Button holes:
Added a 4th button hole to draw the yoke in more at the chest and to create more shape at the bust line.

Eyelet row:
Removed the eyelets and used kfb instead as didn't want the small row of eyelets above the gull stitch pattern.

Gull pattern:
Completed 20 patterns of the gull stitch (4 row pattern) for main part of the body.
A word of warning to those who have not yet tackled this pattern, it's addictive!! You may have to cast on more than one. Perhaps a subtle clue about future "finish off" pictures to come, you reckon?
ooOoo
On a personal front, some good news ... The reason behind my trip home and the pictures from the last entry was that the girls and I were visiting my mum whilst she was in hospital. After an admission of more than 5 weeks, mum is now home from hospital. It's great that she's back home, with an increased support package which should bring positive changes for both mum and dad.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger kathy b said...

So very glad to hear from you again. I've missed your posts. The February is remarkable. So lovely. I liked reading your alterations. I am going to alter a raglan too, so it was a good homework read for me.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008  
Blogger Joanna said...

I'd love to make a Feb Lady, not sure about aran weight though, maybe have to resize it for double knit, great to see yours!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...somehow I missed hearing about this pattern! Yours looks lovely and is a great color. I think maybe I should stay away from that pattern though...I have enough to knit without adding anything addictive to the queue!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

Love this pattern and yours looks great, sounds like good mods - be nice to see you modelling it :o)

Glad to hear your Mum is doing better

Wednesday, September 03, 2008  
Blogger Joy said...

February Lady is lovely :-)

I am so pleased to hear such good news about your mum Angie.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a really pretty sweater. I love it. Thaks for the comment on my blog...I appreciate all the suppot from everyone. :)

Wednesday, September 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that looks lovely and the colour is fab!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008  
Blogger Linda said...

I am glad your Mum is doing better. the cardigan is so nice, its on my looong queue!

Thursday, September 04, 2008  
Blogger Joy said...

Angie, it is so nice to see you back btw that I have nominated you for an award.

http://aknitasknits.blogspot.com/2008/09/lovely-gilraen-nominated-me-for-this.html

Thursday, September 04, 2008  
Blogger Daisy said...

Oooh nice! Great to see you back again too.

Sunday, September 07, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

In Latin, septem means seven.As part of their September Project, the Hargrove Library on Mohave Community College’s Bullhead City campus will be hosting a presentation .A collection of 150 front pages from major newspapers throughout the world.
-----------------------------------

jnnywllms

Internet marketing

Monday, October 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home