Saturday 20 September 2008

Had I known....

... that all I had to do to bring around some beautiful weather was to start knitting winter scarves, I would have started to produce the little woolly wonders in May!! MissBlethersTheElder had been bemoaning the cold and wanted something to cozy into - so I cast on a So Called Scarf for her. After a 'summer' of grim weather, we are now basking in a lovely Indian summer and it appears my knitted efforts are for naught (at least for this week).

So Called Scarf
Needle and yarn details:
Needle: US 11 / 8.0 mm
Yarn: Palette (100% wool, purchased at HobbyCraft, Newport)
How much: 4 skeins (50g)
Colorway: Very Grape
Pattern designed by Allison Isaccs
Lookie! I managed to link for the first time! Thanks to the lovely Franney and Jo for their linkage support;o)

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Gorgeous scarf and what a great photo!!

Saturday, September 20, 2008  
Blogger Steph said...

Beautiful colourway - I love that pattern. :-)

Sunday, September 21, 2008  
Blogger Linda said...

Thats ever so pretty!

Monday, September 22, 2008  
Blogger fran said...

Such a pretty scarf, thankyou for making it warm and sunny this weekend *hugs* ;o)

Monday, September 22, 2008  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Your MSCS is lovely. I aim to get my first one done this fall sometime.

What a lovely combination of color and texture!

Monday, September 22, 2008  
Blogger Ling said...

Gorgeous scarf! Don't worry the weather won't last long, so I'm sure it'll have plenty of use.

Monday, September 22, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that the way it always works? At least you have something pretty and cozy for when the cool air returns.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

Well done with the sun conjuring and with the scarf - great photo.

Friday, September 26, 2008  
Blogger Joanna said...

Scarf looks great, lovely colour, glad you got linking sussed! well done. Thanks for the offer of the book I will message you my address via Ravelry!

Friday, September 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home