Saturday 27 September 2008

ET go home

MissBlethersTheElder was mooching about how cold she was feeling and requested a cardigan to keep her cosy. She sounds less and less the typical rebellious teenager with the"Bah! I feel NO cold and am wearing NO bloomin' vest, mum!". She asked for a February Lady Sweater and selected her own yarn. Now here's where we are sometimes at the mercy of our computer screens, isn't it? The yarn appeared a darkish blue online. I voiced some doubt at the time, given the subtle clue the shade was labelled 'Lavender'. MissBTE did not shift from her "blue" stance. Without further ado, please welcome Miss BTE's PURPLE cardigan;o)

February Lady Sweater - Part 2

Started 16/8/08 -Finished 5/9/08
Size: XXS
Needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm
Yarn: Cascade 220 Wool
Skeins: 4 skeins = 880.0 yards (804.7m)
Colorway: 8888 Lavender
ooOoo
On the non-knitting front, I've been back at work for a week now and have started the new extended work pattern. The plan is that I work an extra 45 minutes daily for 9 days, then have every 2nd Friday off. To date, it's felt ok and it's amazing just how much you can get done when the office is quiet:o)
The appointment with the Sleep Clinic took place this week. I was sent home with the test equipment and spent Wednesday evening trussed up like a turkey! Let me conjure the scene a little ... 3 seat belt type straps wrapped round my middle, interlinked with wires monitoring my chest and diaphragm ... a wire going from the central box (attached to my tummy), down my arm to the middle finger, monitoring the heart. When we switched the bedroom lights off, it became very apparent that the finger monitor glowed red in the dark, similar to a small torch. This produced ET "Go home" giggles for us! The ensemble was accessorised with a set of racy nostril monitors attractively draped around my ears and taped to my cheeks and neck. No wonder MrB said "Not tonight, Josephine";o) After this round of night terrors (well the vision of me wearing it was pretty terrible!), I'll feel somewhat cheated if the results are negative!!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

The Lady February Sweater is very popular at the moment isn't it? And I shouldn't worry about the colour; purple is supposed to be *the* colour for the fall/winter season.

Hope everything goes well with your test results.

Oh and some news from me - I now have a new blog url -

http://baconcheeseandoatcakes.co.uk

Hope to see you there :)

Saturday, September 27, 2008  
Blogger Joy said...

I have one question - how on earth did you manage any sleep at all trussed up like that?

The February Lady Sweater is beautiful ,and such a lovely colour.

Saturday, September 27, 2008  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Lovey to see you, elle! I've not forgotten about our PFI ... but have, somewhat embarassingly, created entirely new timescales for the event:o( Great to hear about your new blog.

Aknita, the mortifying bit is I DID SLEEP ... like a log! I reckon that's diagnostic enough,eh;o)??

Saturday, September 27, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww you poor thing, hope that the results come out...well... positive and that they can do something for you.

LFS is beautiful, I love the colour!

Sunday, September 28, 2008  
Blogger Morticcia said...

I hope the elderMiss enjoys that lovely lavender cardi. It is lovely. And they are all the rage these days, aren't they?

I can't imagine sleeping all trussed up like that, and I hope it does yield results.

Monday, September 29, 2008  
Blogger Linda said...

That is such a pretty cardi. i hope the tests go OK, that sounds mad!!

Monday, September 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your version of the lady sweater - purple is a great colour ;)

Wednesday, October 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely sweater - and a lucky recipient!

Your new work schedule sounds a bit like a modified form of mine - I work an extra 1/2 hour Mon.-Thus. and leave early on Fridays. It's wonderful. (Although, having an entire Friday off would be even better...)

Good luck with the sleep thing!

Thursday, October 02, 2008  
Blogger Terri said...

Feb lady looks great! I've had lots of wear nout of mine already, sure your daughter will be the same:-)
Have tagged you for an award on my blog;-)

Thursday, October 02, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hope your turn as ET was worthwhile and love the FLS

Friday, October 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home