Sunday 24 February 2008

THANK YOU ...

DREAMCATCHER!

I was lucky enough to have signed up to dreamcatcher's (Knitty in Pink) PIF and just look what arrived in the mail yesterday!

Here it is, wrapped beautifully, and just oozing promise and temptation...

And in it's naked glory!!

What can I say?? I just love it! Thank you so much for making it for me, dreamcatcher. The cowl is just perfect - I couldn't have chosen a better shade and it's pefect for keeping my neck cosy, especially when my joints flair up badly as I often get a sore neck then. Dreamcatcher used the "Pashmina Cowl" pattern from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts", using Stroud Wool in "Solent" shade. Having seen this pattern knitted up now, I KNOW I'll be making another one too as it's ideal for the windswept Welsh valleys where I work ... I've used Stroud wool before for a pair of socks for OH and can't tell you how soft it is. Dreamcatcher included the rest of the yarn to be used to knit a wee sock for the Keychain Sock Blocker set she's included. I love key rings and can't wait to cast this one on (but am FORCING myself to wait till I've completed DD1's boyfriend's birthday socks)

Dreamcatcher also included Fairtrade Burnt Sugar Chocolate Crumbly Fudge which will not last long in the Blether's Household and I've already fended off all attempts by the under-2o's to sneak them out! OH has a thing for fudge too - it's his favourite and he's been eyeing it up all afternoon.

Finally, dreamcatcher included a stunning handcrafted card by Carrie Anne Designs.

Thank you again, dreamcatcher! I'd spent all day yesterday in bed with a howling migraine ... you certainly made my weekend and I'm so chuffed with my pressie!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

How wonderful!

Hope the migraine is better now.

Monday, February 25, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hurrah for PIF - lovely pressies

Monday, February 25, 2008  
Blogger Linda said...

Gorgeous cowl, such a nice gift!

Monday, February 25, 2008  
Blogger Linda said...

That is such a beautiful colour. Hope you're feeling better. x

Monday, February 25, 2008  
Blogger Joy said...

What a lovely gift :-)I have used Stroud Wool to make a FCS with and I love it.

Hope you are feeling better too.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

You are most welcome, I'm glad the cowl will be of real use to ward off the cold too!

Saturday, March 01, 2008  
Blogger kathy b said...

Great great colors in your gift! lucky you!

Monday, March 03, 2008  
Blogger Daisy said...

Hope you're feeling better now. The cowl looks really cool! And the fudge sounds yummy...

Monday, March 03, 2008  
Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Lovely gift. Hope that migraine has shifted.

Sunday, March 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home