Sunday 25 November 2007

Before and after

The weather conspired against earlier posting of the felted Ringo Bag. At last, there was a gap in the driech weather we've been having in South Wales and a 2 minute glipse of sun amongst the storm clouds set me running for the camera... much to the amusement of the service users who were in the department at the time!

The 'before' and 'after' pictures...
After felting - 2 60 degree cycles (agitated with 2 pairs of jeans and a pair of crocs!)

And before the felting process:
Last night, DD1 and I went to the cinema to see August Rush. Taste in films is probably as personal as our varying preferences for yarn ... but cinematic critique from both of us is DON'T rush to view August Rush. We both found the characters pretty unconvincing and neither of us particularly empathised with any of the 3 main characters. The male adults Irish accents were naff.... Need this grumpy Barry Normina carry on?? I kept sneaking peaks at DD1 ... to find her looking at me and laughing that we were sitting through such tosh! Maybe DD2 had seen other reviews as she just giggled as she declined the cinema offer, saying she'd rather watch paint dry ... or wind skeins for me (and I know just HOW much she loves that particular activity!).

Ever feel that you're losing your marbles? I spent all day yesterday on a marathon, frantic house cleaning - and made a point of getting up early this morning to finish. My aunt and uncle were planning to visit and I couldn't cope with them arriving to the long-term building site that we call home... As the morning wore on, I thought it's strange they haven't called to give an approximation of their arrival time - so ventured back to check their email. They're coming on DECEMBER 3rd!! Och well, at least the house will only need a tickle of housework for their visit NEXT weekend:)
DD1 took this photo on her mobile of our daft middle dog, Molly. As you can see, Molly is absolutely intrigued by DD1's rats - she sits for hours, staring at their cage, without moving. She makes no attempts to harm them at all. Obviously, Ratty decided to be sociable and say 'Hello'!

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hope you're enjoying a rest in your nice clean house!

Your bag is really lovely - I like the style of the handles very much.

Love the dog photo too.

Sunday, November 25, 2007  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

What a great felted bag, it's amazing how many yarns take two cycles through the washer isn't it!

Great dog/ratty photo :-D

Sunday, November 25, 2007  
Blogger Terri said...

Loving the bag, and Molly looks so cute in that piccie waiting for the rat to say hello:-) Awwwww!!!!

Sunday, November 25, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

what a pretty bag!

the photo of molly and ratty is just too cute.

Monday, November 26, 2007  
Blogger Linda said...

What a lovely bag. Felting is magic, I love to see the before and afters of it!

Monday, November 26, 2007  
Blogger Liz said...

Wow, ringo bag looks fab! I bought the pattern as well, and it's on my to do list!

Monday, November 26, 2007  
Blogger gilraen said...

I love the bag, it's georgeous!! Thanks for the 'heads up' re August rush, I hate badly done Irish accents, I wonder why? ;) :)

Monday, November 26, 2007  
Blogger RoxyK said...

Your felted Ringo bag is lovely!

And just love the pic of Molly and the rat ;)

Monday, November 26, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

lol Molly's turning her nose up at Lidl's dog food tonight ... maybe she reckons such a 'star' should be on steak!

Monday, November 26, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Gilraen, I know what you mean about dodgy accents! I watch 'Braveheart' through gritted teeth for similar reasons:)

Monday, November 26, 2007  
Blogger Skein Queen said...

Love the phrase "just a tickle of housework" - my house needs more than just a tickle!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

lol So does mine, SQ ... but if I take off my glasses the stoor all just seems to magically disappear;)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

Lovely bag! And I'd never have thought have putting a pair of crocs in with knitting to felt. Interestink!

Cute rat :)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Great felting - hope you are recovering from all the prep for the visit.

Friday, November 30, 2007  
Blogger Ang said...

I love that bag, the colours are wonderful, as Sarah said, the handles look great.

Hope you're enjoying your tidy house.

Monday, December 03, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

The bag is gorgeous!!! Having a clean house is wonderful and I'm sure you are enjoying it. I must do some year-end tidying here for sure! Love the pets!

Thursday, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Joanna said...

Great bag, I sold my Ringo at the craft fair!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007  
Blogger Curly Cable said...

I love your ringo bag, the colours are super. Arrrr Molly and Ratty are so cute... what a lovely picture.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home