Sunday 16 September 2007

The Tide is high (sorry Blondie fans!)

Having been really impressed by Cazzie's (http://craftythreadsnyarns.myfreeforum.org/about4623.html) and Melody's (http://craftythreadsnyarns.myfreeforum.org/about4508.html) recently completed Tide cardigans, I couldn't resist casting on!The pattern is Tide, by Louisa Harding and is in the Beachcomber Bay Design Collection book. Like both cazzie and Melody, I've extended the length of the original pattern - I've made past mistakes (try full wardrobe loads of fashion faux pas!) buying cropped sweaters and its not a flattering style on me, so have extended mine to include 15 pattern repeats.
The yarn is Muskat, an Egyptian cotton, from Garn Studios. The yarn is incredibly soft and has a beautiful sheen and drape to it. And it's machine washable! Hurrahhhhhh!
View 1

View 2

These last 2 shots are Eloise (a Noro pattern) in Noro Blossom. Eloise, I hope, will be finished in time for autumn chills (though I'm not commiting myself to Autumn 2007 or 2008 at the moment!). I need some help from my knitting friends now ... pretty please! The pics are both of the back piece. However, for the life of me, I just cannot work out whether I go with the knitted pieces as they are meant to be (View 1) or use them 'back to front' (View2) which creates more distinct blocks of colour... Any preferences welcomed!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

The green yarn in that tide cardi is such a great colour, it will be fab! With the Noro I think that I prefer the 2nd view.

Sunday, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Love the colour of Tide. I actually prefer View 1 - not much help are we? :)

Sunday, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

Tide is coming along great and I really love the color you picked for it! It's going to be so lovely!

Monday, September 17, 2007  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Ooh Tide looks great! I love that shade. I've been looking for *ahem* an excuse to try some more Garnstudio yarns :-)

I honestly don't know which is the "better" side for Eloise. I saw an FO recently where the pattern said to use the "wrong" (reverse st st) side but it had been sewn up with right sides facing, it looked great. No help I know!

Monday, September 17, 2007  
Blogger Cinders said...

Both lovely patterns. I always make my tiopps longer as I am not really the size of the models photographed!!!
Love Garnstudios yarns and Noro too.

Monday, September 17, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

I'd had my eye on this colour of yarn for a whiley and have been desperate to knit something in it, QOF and Kitten. It's actually a little stronger in colour than it looks but not far off.

PL, we are an indecisive bunch, aren't we! The view you prefer is more muted that the other but am not sure if I am that keen on the reverse stocking stitch.

This is my first forray into Garnstudio yarns, dreamcatcher, and I love it! Don't they have a fantastic range of yarns and the colours are just scrumptious! Go on, you know you want to;)

Nor am I, Ruth - by a long shot;) I usually add length to the body and shorten the sleeves a little. lol THAT info conjures up all sorts about my body type, doesn't it!

Monday, September 17, 2007  
Blogger Joy said...

Tide will be lovely :)It's such a great colour.

I have two Eloise cardigans, one in the shade you are using, and prefer them both inside out as it were i.e reverse stocking stitch.

Eloise is one of my favourite patterns.

Monday, September 17, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

lol Joy, maybe that's my answer;) I should make 2 and have one of each option! Can you spot a woman who wants to have a yarn friv at the moment;)????

Monday, September 17, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh Tide looks like it will be gorgeous.

As for Eloise I'm a no.1 preferrer but they are both lovely - go with having 2 so you can have both versions - I'm always one for having my cake and eating it!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007  
Blogger Curly Cable said...

Tide looks super, and is coming on fast, lovely colour you've chosen. I would do the same and make it longer, I don't somehow think I would of ever looked good showing my navel at any age and certainly would'nt now. (Chuckle at the thought). Difficult decision with Eloise as they both look fab, although I think I prefer second version slightly better than the first. but having two is an excellent idea, they will both be really super;)

Friday, September 21, 2007  
Blogger Soo said...

I love the green colour of the cardigan. Gorgeous.

As for the Noro knitting - I prefer view 2, but not by a wide margin. Both are stunning.

Friday, September 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the green yarn. One of my favorite colours.

Saturday, September 22, 2007  
Blogger Jo028 said...

Love the colour of your Tide, it's everywhere this Autumn :)

Sunday, September 23, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

lol it IS everywhere, Jo:) I've got 2 Monsoon skirts waiting to wear with Tide when it's done - one in dark green with the Tide green leaf pattern and the other is brown with leaf print in the pistachio green. Both were eBay bargains!

And, fellow knitters, you are women after my own heart - sock stash doesn't count as proper stash;)

Sunday, September 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home