Saturday 22 September 2007

Opulent Opals ...

For the past few weeks I've been toying with placing myself on a self-imposed stashalong:( My recent purchases vastly outmatch my speed with needles - and, as a result my stash has taken on new proportions. Now, we all have differing views on having 'an immediate availability of beautiful yarns out with shop opening hours': ie. stash! My views differ somewhat from MrB's 'ANOTHER parcel arrived for you today'. Apparently, even the post man has commented that I am keeping him fit carrying squidgy parcels full of promise to the door - and its a lovely bonus the new found kindred spiritedness and developing friendship between between MrB and the postie;)So, when Button (http://www.p2tog.moonfruit.com) posted temptation on the Crafty Threads n Yarns forum, I scrapped my newly made Stashalong Ticker and succumbed to these 2 lovelies from the new Opal Rainforest 3 collection! Aren't they great?

Och well, maybe I should create a ticker about thinking about stashalonging:)
I reckon many of you may be signed up to various Pay It Forward rings - for more background, please check out the entry below. If you're still available and reckon it looks like a fun notion, please feel free to join here. I'd love to have the chance to make a small gift for you and to be part of spreading a little of the knitting camaraderie that exists in our online community... To join, just give me a wee shout here in the comments section!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Jo028 said...

Scrummy new Opals you've got there. I'm with you on the postie thing, I'm on first name terms with mine, he's Bob & even knows to avoid the school run times :)

Sunday, September 23, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

The opal yarns look great. I always thought that sock yarn didn't count on a yarn diet anyway ;-)

Sunday, September 23, 2007  
Blogger Linda said...

The colours of the new yarns are great, and I also believe that sock yarn is not included in stash counts!

Sunday, September 23, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

lol sock yarns aren't stash ... sock yarns aren't stash ... sock yarns aren't stash ... There! I'm convinced now;)

NOW, I just have to convince OH and the postman with our mantra!!

Monday, September 24, 2007  
Blogger Joy said...

What lovely sock yarns :-)

I received my pincushion swap last Saturday morning, and when the postman rang the bell Mr A shot me A LOOK! I said "I haven't ordered anything" - hoping desperately I hadan't lol!!! S'great having parcels isn't it ;)

I have it on the highest authority ( terri ) that sock yarn most definitely does not count!

Monday, September 24, 2007  
Blogger Ang said...

What lovely opals you have!
I know what you mean about posties and squishie parcels!

I love this idea of pay it forward and I would love to join.

Monday, September 24, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

lol What lovely Opals! I nearly sprayed breakfast over the pc screen there, R! And please consider yourself in the PIF ... I'm so chuffed you're joining in!

I KNOW that look that folk can fire at you when they hear the door bell going first thing in the morning:) Mind you, MrB can only make a couple of little comments about MY collecting activities ... he collects broken pc's (hmmmm about 16 at the moment) and reckons he'll repair them all at some point!

Monday, September 24, 2007  
Blogger Soo said...

I love the new Opals as well. And I add another voice to the "sock yarn doesn't count" chorus.

Monday, September 24, 2007  
Blogger Just Me said...

Hello there. I've tried to send you an email about the PIF but the yahoo email address you gave me keeps giving me a failure message. :( Help!

Monday, September 24, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Ohhhh Elle ... technophobe Blethers trying to sort things out this end. My blog email account is letting other mail through and I've sent out too. I'm going to email you from the account to the email addy you have on your blog and fingers crossed it gets through!

Monday, September 24, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh lovely sock yarns. This post made me laugh so much - my other half and the guy at the sorting office developed a close bond when I was away for a week and a couple of parcels of squidgyness wouldn't quite fit through the letter box! Also he's a computer fixer too!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007  
Blogger Piglottie said...

I think I'm in the same camp as you re: stashingalong. But do you know, when you actually look at the word "stashalong" it seems a bit odd as to me it implies "stash" + "along" so does that mean you have to actually stash rather than not stash :) I think its the meaning my subconscious is going with ;)

Tuesday, September 25, 2007  
Blogger Ling said...

I saw the same yarns and thought that I should have some too! But as I have hardly knitted any socks (ever), I made myself not buy any. Great colours you've got.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice new Opals. I'm usually not a huge fan but those are great!

Friday, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Janey said...

I so agree with Piglottie - I always thought stashalong meant that you + few friends collected wool together, ie, increased your stash! If only that were true eh?

Thanks for visiting my blog, just started CPH in the Donegal Tweed and will post soon so check back for a look at it knit up!

Friday, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Rainforest 3!!!! That Butterfly one is perfect for the BF's demand of green socks for Christmas.

Friday, September 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home