Monday 12 March 2007

'Global' blethering!

Progressing ok with the Flickering Flames sock ... nearly down one as just have the toe to graft. DD1 didn't want the pattern to carry over the foot, which is a shame but certainly easier knitting!! I love the way the pattern develops and it works really well with this shade of yarn (Diploma Gold 4ply).

Talking of DD1, she subjected me to a tad of role reversal this past week. She texted me to say she'd booked appointments at the opticians for the entire Blether's gang:) Next, she'll be telling me to eat my greens ... wear a vest ... get enough sleep ...

Cruft's has been on TV this weekend and we've had a great time watching it. Well, more accurately, a great time watching Isla (the pup) watching her canine companions!! She sits at the end of our bed, glued to the 37" screen and we were convinced she was going to launch herself at the TV during the Flyball scenes ... If only she were as conscientious during the Obedience sets!!

I put a counter on my blog recently in attempt to reduce my technology phobia! What intriguing results! In the space of just over 10 days, I've become 'global' ... with visitors (by design or cyber error) from the UK, America, Australia, Sweden, Canada, Norway, Czech Republic, Italy, Germany, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Switzerland and Portugal!! Please feel free to say hello! I feel really humbled (and a tadge embarrassed!) that my blethering has been seen by so many and really must lead a more blog-worthy life:)

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Isn't that brilliant that so many people come to see your blog? Don't be embarrassed.

Monday, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

How cute that your dog watches Crufts!

The socks are looking great.

Monday, March 12, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

I've been absolutely staggered, Fiona ... am not convinced all the visitors have been by design though:) But extremely welcome regardless! It does up the ante a little though to have something even remotely blog worthy to say. But it's absolutely reinforced how small the world is at times and about how knitting unites so many people, over so many continents. Despite all our differences, it's fantastic to share that common bond. And, as for cute Kendra:) She has her moments, bless her, and we love her to bits ... BUT is not the adjective of choice when she's mauled ANOTHER pair of shoes!! Look out for us next year in the Cruft's Obedience section!!

Monday, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Ang said...

Those socks are looking fantastic!
LOL @ your daughter giving out the orders!

It's when your pup starts eating lino off the floor and chewing doors (like ours did) you want to worry!

take care

Tuesday, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Joy said...

Your socks are looking lovely - and a great colour.

My daughter's been telling me what to do for years!!!! ;)

Tuesday, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a world map on my blog and it's fascanating so see wher epeople read from. Sock's looking great.

Thursday, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Piglottie said...

The sock is looking good! And I enjoyed Crufts too (except one day I want a small scruffy terrier to win!).

Monday, March 19, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, March 19, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Whoops! Had to delete that one! Had meant to say 'small, scruffy terrier sounds just like my Abbie'! ScruFFY not scruGGY as I mistyped:)

Monday, March 19, 2007  
Blogger Linda said...

I come to see your blog for those socks!! They are looking great.

Monday, March 19, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Have one done now,QF ...will post pic tomorrow and had better get its 'friend' cast on! And thank you for your kind words!

Monday, March 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking great!!

BTW: The socks will need to be blocked to eliminate the bunching. I ironed mine on a low setting.

Monday, March 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home