Friday 16 February 2007

Lassie comes home!





Pic 1: Baby, at 10 weeks

Pic 2: Big girl, aged 8 months




In June of last year, Molly (our mongrol princess) had 4 puppies who took over our home and hearts until they were all re-homed with folk we knew, aged 10 weeks. We still had regular contact and visits from 2 of the 'girls' and were able to watch them grow and reap 'pup havoc' in their new surroundings...

My favourite baby featured in my avator on a knitting forum and I was heartbroken when she left home originally. Guess what's happened?? Unfortunately (or fatedly! Is that a word??), her new home didn't work out for very valid reasons not really relating to the dog. She has been with us for nearly 4 weeks and we have now decided she'll be with us permanently! I am thrilled to have her home. However, that's now it!! The kids have been well warned that the 'ark' doors are now closed! But I absolutely love our menagerie of now 3 dogs, 4 cats and 2 rats (MsB's jury's out on the rats, though DD1 swears they are completely loveable??? They've got ratty tails and eyes - how can that equate with loveable???).

8 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

I remember how heartbroken you were, understandably! - It's great that she's home again!!!

Sunday, February 18, 2007  
Blogger Terri said...

awww, thats so nice!!!!! some things are just meant to be eh;-)

Sunday, February 18, 2007  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Welcome home to the new (old?) arrival. Lovely doggie pics too.

Sunday, February 18, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

It's lovely to have her back to be honest ... this one was my 'baby' in the litter. She is like my shadow at the moment - in between driving the other 2 daft! She is oblivious (or ignoring!) the dog hierarchy in the house and has to be discouraged from play biting a handful of Abbie's cheek hair and then dragging the 'leader of the pack' around the house by the face fur!!

Sunday, February 18, 2007  
Blogger Angels & Sparkles said...

She's so gorgeous and cuddly looking! I remember how gutted you were when she left home originally. It's lovely she's back home. I bet she's spoilt rotten. I would love to have as many animals as you although I would give the rats a miss. My Mum would have a fit! haha. I'm reading a book just now called Dogs at War and they are the most incredible, loyal, brave animals in the world. It's such a good book but every few pages I have to stop reading because I can't see the words for the tears!

Monday, February 19, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Thanks, K! As you know, we have a mini zoo here ... but I prefer the dogs to the cats (shhhh don't tell the cats!). It feels like much more of a relationship with the dogs as cats are such independent wee beasties at times. They all tease me in the house as the 3 mooches all shadow me round the house and collapse around the feet of my typing chair whilst I'm on the pc (probably cause I am chief feeder!). It's getting hard to find a place to put my feet at times:)

Monday, February 19, 2007  
Blogger blueadt said...

That's why I couldn't never let mine girls have pups (apart from their health issues) - I'd be too fussy about where they went to & would take them all back (if I ever let them go in the first place) + Airedales have BIG litters.

Enjoy her!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007  
Blogger belaybunny said...

awww, how cute.

Thursday, February 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home