Sunday 25 February 2007

Dull brain and sock choices

Well, it's official ... academia is hazardous to your health!! I've spent most of the past week, tweaking and shaping the literature review for my dissertation. And the end result?? I do have words on paper but the most striking outcome is that my brain has taken on a blancmange-like state!! And its seriously interfered with the finer things of life ... like knitting!!

I have been attempting to select the pattern for next month's offering in the sock-a-month challenge. I'm torn just now between Flickering Flames socks, pattern by Black Dog Designs (http://designsbyblackdog.blogspot.com/2006/09/flickering-flames-socks-yarn-my-own.html) and Purple Iris socks, by Judy Sumner (pattern available at http://www.getknitted.com/acatalog/LLPatterns.html). At the minute, I am swaying more towards the Flickering Flames ... this would involve my first attempt at a picot edging. Given that all my knitting projects will be small :( until the dissertation is a painful past memory, then I'd like to try new techniques with socks in the meantime. Aha! Decision reached ... Flickering Flames it is!!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger belaybunny said...

good luck with the studying. It's a right pain when it impedes on your knitting time ;)

Monday, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Seahorse said...

The pattern looks lovely! Definitely sounds like it's time to give the brain a bit of R&R with the knitting!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007  
Blogger Nicola said...

I sympathise with you! I'm trying to get a draft of the second chapter of my thesis going - it's not really happening though, but it's still getting in the way of the rest of my life. Grr! Keep your chin up :)

Tuesday, February 27, 2007  
Blogger Ang said...

I remember dissertation writing well, I think my brain is still numb from it, well that's my excuse anyway! Good luck with it and the socks

Tuesday, February 27, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Brain has now gone to mulch! Is this the time to attempt to graft toes????

Tuesday, February 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home