Sunday 14 January 2007

My 'baby' is 18!

My eldest DD is 18 today! Ooohhhh it making me feel all broody and reflective... It just seems like a blink of an eye since I carried her into the house for the first time, feeling that sense of overwhelming responsibility that comes with new parenthood for keeping this prescious new life alive and thriving. If I am honest, that responsibility (and gift) can still feel overwhelming. However, despite my trepidation and sometimes failure/mistakes, she has blossomed into a beautiful young woman on the cusp of a really exciting point of her life's journey. Despite having had a tough year or so in which she has been diagnosed as having Juvenile Arthritis, she is about to sit her driving test ... is studying for her A levels ... has applied for University to study a Business degree ... has entered the world of employment and financial responsibility ... had relationships ... No matter how all these ventures go; whatever her life throws at her and no matter how old she is, she'll always be my first-born 'baby'... Enough gushing maternal pride:) We're off to celebrate now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Many happy returns of the day to DD. My eldest daughter will be providing me with another grand-daughter in two days. Doesn't seem like 5 minutes since she was a baby herself :)

Monday, January 15, 2007  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Very many congratulations on your new grand-daughter... Hope mum and wee cherub are both well. And think of all those lovely mini-knits!

Friday, January 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home