Tuesday 12 December 2006

Sometimes you just have to laugh!

After a lengthy wait, I saw my new rheumatologist last week (The old one and I didn't see the world the same way ... he said potAHto ... I said potato ... and we called the whole thing off:-) However this left me medically unsupervised for over 15 months on a fair old batch of drugs).

Mr New Rheumatologist is a star though and I reckon we will be able to work well enough together. Isn't it strange though that seeing a doctor should at times come with a government health warning! There I was, sitting there feeling not too bad. Discussing my medication, I boldly asked for the new wonderdrug... 'Ahhhh, not enough research done for long term side effects, especially regarding increased chances of developing cancer' came the reply. OK, let's reduce my steroids so that I can crash diet my way towards a modeling career. 'Ahhhh, but your joints will flair up if you do cut down... AND if you don't reduce them, you're at risk of developing osteoporosis', came the chirpy response. Hmmmmmm, responded the intrepid patient, so let's increase my immuno-suppressant then.... You KNOW what's coming! 'Ahhh, but that may damage your already cruddy lungs'. It might be easier just sending me to the vets:-)!!

8 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

No point going to the vet. Tried that one myself!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006  
Blogger Ling said...

Hope you are feeling better.

Thursday, December 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be rattling with the amount of medication you take missus! haha. Seriously though, I hope you are ok.

Friday, December 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've been tagged!!!!
check my blog to see what I mean!

Saturday, December 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Medication and doctors are a pain. You sound like you're taking a bucketful of pills everyday like me. HOpe you get it all sorted and the medication works.

Monday, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Daisy said...

My GP and the local vet are next to each other and share a car park. I sometimes wonder which one I'd be better off going to! (especially after the cat's blood test results came through in 15 minutes, and mine took a fortnight!)

Wednesday, December 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you and your family all a very happy christmas and new year.

Friday, December 22, 2006  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

You weren't showing signs of having an independent, questioning mind willing to take responsibility for your own body were you? ooooeer, doctors can't cope with that (she said tongue in cheek!) Hope the new rheumatologist works out for you.

Sunday, January 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home