Sunday 19 November 2006

Craft Fayre




The annual Craft Fayre came to the CIA in Cardiff this weekend and I managed to 'persuade' DD1 to keep me company there. There were some beautiful crafts on display - though, unfortunately, not a particularly strong focus on knitting/yarn. Web of Wool were there and it was lovely seeing their ranges in reality. I had to persuade DD1 against whipping her boots off and revealing her mum-made Opal Flamingo trainer socks. We didn't buy terribly much (which will certainly surprise Mr B!!) ... DD1 saw a lovely brown leather bag which she fancies from 'Santa' and I bought dinky little stitch markers shaped like socks from the Web of Wool stand.

I still seem to be struggling on the knitting, and more especially, the FINISHING fronts. My current ambivalence has not extended to purchasing more stash though! Here's some of my recent buys:
(1) Kaleidoscope Handpainted yarn from ebay store, Peak Wool
(2) Lorna's Laces Liberty (thought this would work well for Jaywalker socks)
(3) Grape Expectations yarn from P2tog (ebay store). This one I just love ... the shades are so subtle and pretty. Have warned both DDs 'Feet off, this one's mine!'

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That finishing can be a problem can't it!!!! - It happens to us all though! - Lovely yarns btw!

Monday, November 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is fantastic. Love all the the colours but the top one is my favourite. And we all need to feed our yarn habit from time to time.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

I seem to be practicing gluttony though, Anni!! And combined with my chronic lack of finish off's, it's leading to a storage crisis! Any suggestions about how to get my get-up-and-go going again:)??

Tuesday, November 21, 2006  
Blogger belaybunny said...

I'm really coverting the lilac yarn at the bottom. And I hate finishing off too, that's why I knit so much baby stuff - less sewing to do ;)

Wednesday, November 22, 2006  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

I absolutely love that one too, Christina ... could just sit and look at it for ages. How sad is that!! Loved the jumper you did for your wee cherub ... used to love it when my 2 were that age and could rustle up knitties more quickly than my dead-slow-and-stop at the moment!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got the saqme problem Angie. The bottom of my cupboard isnow full of big bags of yarn. Got enough for a lifetime. LOL. And I've got lots of wips to finish too.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Instead of a yarn swop, maybe we should all swap WIPs:) May have more enthusiasm to finish off someone else's unfinished 'masterpieces' rather than our own!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Catknit said...

Lovely SeX, I'm very jealous since I'm on a serious yarn diet (again), this is turning into a yo-yo diet tho, the more I destash, the more I seem to end up with!

Thursday, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Hawkesley said...

Ooh, you've got some lovely yarn there. I love the colours, especially the bottom one.

Thursday, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Nora said...

Beautiful yarns. The LLs will be perfect for Jaywalkers.

http://black-dog-knits.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home