Wednesday 29 November 2006

At last!


Yippeee! A strange experience of late in the Blethers household ... Ladies and gentlemen, I present a finished item!! My latest strategy for my recent finishing inertia is to tackle small items only. This is Isis from Colinette's Artifacts book - knitted in Prism, Autumn Leaves colourway. Prism is a pleasure to work with and comes is such a fantastic array of colours. Voila! A hat to face this chilly, blustery weather in less than 4 hours. Modelled here by an extremely embarrassed, and somewhat peaky looking (awwwww, bless her!) DD1. Just look at the non-verbal body pose here (arms crossed and grimace). It's just as well she loves her mum! (Had initially planned this one for me. However, steroids and my resultant wee moon-face left me looking like a plump boiled egg ... NOT a good look!)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the hat. The colours are fab and your daughter is so cute!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Another one in the most howling pink shades imaginable about to hit the needles for herself ... once I have finished her boyfriend's Noro beanie. She will be chuffed about the compliment! I know we mums are all biased ... but she is a lovely looking young woman (skanky size 8 too!!) but she does look full of the virus she had here! Hmmmm ... maybe I'd better tell her she has been immortalised in cyber space soon????

Wednesday, November 29, 2006  
Blogger belaybunny said...

that's a very nice hat, I love those colours too. I used to be a skanky size 8 too until I had my two kids!!! We can blame them for everything!!! ;) I'm sure she'll be extra happy to model her pink version. I must make this hat again sometime, I did it with the stalk and it looked silly on me, so think I'll leave it out like you did, as it looks much better.

Thursday, November 30, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! The hat looks great! I love those earflaps to keep out the chilly wind too. Finished thing? BIG TICK!

Saturday, December 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fab hat and I love the colours. Someone's head will stay warm this winter.

Thursday, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Daisy said...

Hey cool hat, that'll stay on someone's head too! I think it looks groovy!

Friday, December 08, 2006  
Blogger Hawkesley said...

What a fab hat, I love the colours.

You've been tagged!! I want to know 6 weird things about you!

(See my blog!)

Thursday, December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home