Saturday 23 September 2006

Mini-me Jaywalkers



Have just finished these - shortened Jaywalkers (pattern by Grumperina at http://magknits.com/Sept05/patterns/jaywalker.htm) as my fussy two aren't keen on long socks. DD2's are in pink Lana Grossa Magico and DD1 ordered hers in Lorna's Laces Aslan. Lorna's Laces is soooooo nice to knit with, I have forgiven it for its amazing pooling abilities! Although a self-confessed anally retentive sock knitter, I actually quite like pooling - feel it adds to the originality of the finished pair?? Isn't it amazing too how the same pattern looks so vastly different in another yarn?

5 Comments:

Blogger Ling said...

Gorgeous Jaywalkers!! I must start mine!

Hope you are feeling less stressed today. Keep knitting - they are a great stress reliever!

Saturday, September 23, 2006  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Had really enjoyed knitting the Jaywalkers till today and had found it a really soothing, repetative pattern to master ... TILL the finished pink one was used by the puppy we are babysitting as a chewy stick!!*?*!! Will post the phot evidence later on today and the pup is going to feature in Crimewatch! Had got down to the heel turn of the 2nd one too!

Sunday, September 24, 2006  
Blogger Daisy said...

I always find it exciting (sad life???) watching to see how the colours in sock yarn come out! And I love the Jaywalker pattern - must make some more of that one!

Monday, September 25, 2006  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

lol NOT sad at all, Daisy! I call it 'creative curiosity':) Have often forced myself to stay awake for another 10 minutes to see what happens next yarnwise...

Monday, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Nora said...

I love the shorter jaywalkers - thanks for te tip! x

http://black-dog-knits.blogspot.com

Sunday, November 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home