Sunday 3 September 2006

I'm in stash heaven!

The countdown is over and the deed is done! My friend from work, W, and I had the date highlighted in our diaries for weeks and survived the departmental teasing and disbelief ... You want to spend Saturday doing WHAT???'. We boldly went, and spent, at the Get Knitted Open Day ( http://www.getknitted.com) in Bristol. It was a Yarnette's Heaven! An area of the warehouse had been set out with nearly every yarn imaginable - all to be drooled over, fondled and acquired for stash! The colours and textures were gorgeous and various items were in and out of my basket as I just couldn't decide what to buy. However, as a reliable member of Stash Anonymous, my acquisition skills didn't let me down and I left a happy knitter with the following goodies:
  • Noro Unlimited pattern book
  • Interweave Knits Fall pattern book
  • 7 skeins of Lamb's Pride Worsted in Persian Peacock (for me)
  • 6 skeins of Cascade 220 in a lovely soft red/pink shade (for DD2)
  • 2 skeins Koigu KPPPM in gorgeous lilac shades (future socks)
  • Fleece Artist Merino in Jester (autumnal/maple shades)
  • Opal Hand dyed something from the bargain bin

Had planned to do a lovely top-down, crossover cardigan in the Lamb's Pride. However, Sienna (Interweave Knits) is calling ... Now, just to find time to knit up all the stash!! One of the other lovely parts of the day was the opportunity to meet fellow members from the Angel Yarns (http://www.knittingforums.co.uk) Forum: hello again Liverbird, No1Alicat (and gorgeous Ali-Kitten), Slowasasnail (and mum), Jenandberry and Anniknits (sporting one of her stunning bags)!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was lovely to meet you & your friend at GK. I like the sound of your stash. Would love a pic though. I got some Koigu too. Not sure what to knit with it yet though. I keep looking at my stash and it fills me with joy every time. LOL. Get a pic done of yours. Have fun knitting it.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Am absolutely with you, Anni, on the Koigu! I may even keep it, just to stroke, for the next few years (more to do with available time to knit over the next few months than some strange patting behaviour!). It's so soft and snuggly! And am very impressed with your gorgeous acquisitions too!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006  
Blogger ravelling said...

I am so jealous!

Saturday, September 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home