Thursday 24 August 2006

My fledglings have flown the coop!


Pic 1: Blue/lilac merino yarn from natural-dye-studio (eBay seller); Broadripple socks in Cascade Fixation Spray
Pic 2: Abbie, my mongrel baby, getting in on the sock show!
DD2 set sail today on her first ever flight alone to Glasgow to see her dad - and probably a huge step towards independence and adulthood. I'd a wee (errrr ... ok .... a HUGE!!) lump in my throat as I watched her make her way through the departure lounge towards the airplane. Bless her though, she hadn't twigged until this morning (despite being frequently reminded) that dad hadn't bought her an 'unaccompanied minor' ticket and that she would be traveling independently. She had minor collywobbles but then agreed she could do it! She has already been on the phone to let us know that she is ok (and tolerating burnt pizza for tea with the politeness we have tried to instill .... lordy, would she comment about it at home though!!). DD1 sets off on her adventure to Liverpool with 2 friends tomorrow morning. Her suitcase is semi-packed on top of her bed and, guess what???? On the very top of the case, she has packed 2 pairs of mum's homemade socks (of the 'I wouldn't be seen dead, mum, in a pair of those!' variety). So, for the first time in about 5 years, DP and I have a childfree weekend (stepsons are also heading off on holidays too on Saturday). What does Captain Romance suggest for the weekend?? A romantic, escape-from-it-all break? Candle-lit dinner for two?? Nah, 'Let's do a brutal gut of the house when the kids can't see what we chuck out'!! Casanova eat your heart out!! Och well, all the more undisturbed knitting time:) !!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angels & Sparkles said...

Hi blog-blethers,
Love the socks but love your wee dog even more. What a cutie! I would never tire of cuddling her!
Have a great weekend. I'll be thinking of how lucky you are when I'm dodging the drunks walking up Argyll Street at goodness knows what time in the morning. Haha.
Take Care
Kelly

Friday, August 25, 2006  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

lol she is a bit of a good-looking burd in a sort of scruffy way, isn't she??? Not that I am biased in any shape or form! Welcome to Blogland and lovely to have a fellow Dunoonite here, blethering away in cyber space! And I so miss dodge-the-drunk at the Games ... However, my personal favourite is when they toss the cabers and it invariably hits off the overhead flags :0)

Friday, August 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home