Sunday 13 August 2006

Birthday shocker!!

Today is DD2's birthday - my 'baby' is 14 today! It's scary how fast the years fly past and she has gone from being that wee toddler to a pretty, sociable young woman (lol at least some of the time! But the description is more than a stretch of the imagination when she and DD1 are having an infantile spat over just whose top THAT is!!). DP does most of the cooking in the Blethers household - for practical reasons mainly. He is always in the house around tea time and I can float in any time between 5.30pm-7.00pm ... too late and variable for the starving masses. So, I asked DD2 what she would like to have for her birthday tea and said that I was going to be doing the cooking. I had visions of cordon bleu recipes ... Delia Smith, Gordon Ramsey et al, all applauding from the covers of their cookery books stashed in the kitchen, gathering dust ...

So, what does madam request for her special meal?? Either KFC OR Supernoodles!!! Is she trying to tell me something????

I was so stunned, having returned with 2 family buckets for the assorted diners, that some retail therapy was in order. Pictish, on AngelYarns forum, came to the rescue! She was stashbusting as I was stash acquiring! Thank you Pictish for my latest purchases - Angel Yarns hand dyed yarn in beautiful pinks and purples, plus Poshyarn Sock Yarn in Confetti colourway. My fingers are itching ....

2 Comments:

Blogger Badger said...

There's no one quite like Ali for enabling stash acquisition, is there?!

Monday, August 14, 2006  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

lol Am planning on nominating Ali as the Patron Saint of Stash Acquisition, badger!! Don't know how she can bare to part with some of it as it's such gorgeous yarn - just very grateful she did though!

Monday, August 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home