Sunday 23 July 2006

Ooohhhh a blank page ... and a blank mind!

There is something a little daunting about the power of the blank page! All that space ... all that promise ... and, now writer's block!

Start the way of most 'first meetings'? Will share a little about myself (and scream "shush, woman!" when you've heard enough ... I can talk the hind legs of a donkey when I start...

I am an exiled Scot, now living in Wales with my partner (who I met in cyber-space a scarily long time ago!). My daughters and I moved to Wales 6 years ago and we now live in Cardiff; with our new home bulging at the seams at times! Our 'brood' consists of my partner, 2 daughters, 3 step-sons who visit regularly, our 2 lovely dogs (photos to follow when I can persuade them to sit still and pose), 4 cats (guess who didn't get our original TWO cats speyed in time!!) and, currently, 4 puppies who were 6 weeks old on Thursday. Honestly, we plan NO more additions to this chaotic household...

I work in mental health full-time and am blessed to have a job that I love - though, like nearly everyone, have the odd day when I would love to have a lie in and win the lottery! I have survived (may my tutors never discover this blog!) the second year of a MSc in Healthcare Management and am about to start on my dissertation in a couple of months (keeping purposely vague here about timescales as then means my anxiety levels remain contollable about the task that lies ahead).

In my spare time, I love gardening, reading, cross stitch, the odd glass of red wine ... After a gap of about 10 years, I have become a 'born again' knitter and have discovered the joy of home knitted socks - and am subjecting family members to fancy footwear whether they like it or not! Luckily, my DP and DD2 are very sweet and will wear any item hot off my needles. More recently, DD1 has become a secret convert, sidling up and whispering that mum-socks would keep her feet warm. She then proceeded to place an order for 2 pairs!

Enough for just now ... and if you have stuck with me thus far, thank you!

4 Comments:

Blogger dianemulholland said...

Hehe, once you start on the socks you never recover :-D

Friday, July 28, 2006  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

lol sooooo true, dianem!! Please give me regular prompts though to make sure I make sockS as, at the moment, I have at least 5 SINGLE SOLDIERS waiting for their mate to arrive!! Have you been a sock addict for long??

Friday, July 28, 2006  
Blogger dianemulholland said...

I knitted my first socks last winter (ie a year ago) when mum taught me the 2 circs method. I didn't wear them as I didn't like the colours. This winter I discovered wool socks and warmer toes and haven't looked back!

Saturday, July 29, 2006  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

I have yet to master socks on 2 circs!! I knitted my 1st pair about 6 months ago and have been on mass production ever since! Curently have Oh so Beautiful and Broadripples socks on the needles. What about you? Would it be ok to add your blog address to my links section when I have finally mastered how to do that bit??

Saturday, July 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home