Sunday 30 July 2006






(Noro Silk Garden 230)


Have had a lovely day and hope everyone in blogland has too! Really leisurely day spent with DD1 and DD2 - we went exploring to Cribb's Causeway, near Bristol (about an hour from Cardiff and across the Severn Bridge into England). Was quite impressed with the range of shops there - which translates as there was a wool shop there in amongst the usual clothing retailers! I dragged the girls, not once, but TWICE into the wool section of John Lewis's. Have fallen even more in love/lust with Noro Silk Garden - shade 230. Was really really tempted but am bidding for some on eBay at the moment - and am not sure if I want my entire winter wooly wardrobe in the same shade! It was great spending time with the girls - giggling, trying on clothes, spending and wool browsing!

Although I was the model of yarn restraint this afternoon, I haven't been as controlled the rest of the week. Recent purchases on eBay include these 2 wee beauties:

  1. Opal Summer Night Dream (from Katy11knitting's ebay store) in 1st pic
  2. Silver Moon Hand dyed merino sock wool (from naturaldyestudio eBay shop) in middle pic

Had better go and get on with some knitting rather than just stash enhancement!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacquie said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. I did sleep better last night thanks, but had the weirdest dreams.

Your blog is very entertaining. I think in the US your dog would be called a 'spanoodle' or maybe a 'spoodle'. She and the pups are very cute - I am sure it will be hard to part with them, but will be happy in their new homes.

I can see why you are in love with the Noro yarn. I have never used it myself but the colours are just gorgeous.

Sunday, July 30, 2006  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Have been quietly reading your blog for ages and lovely to see your works in progress etc. So sorry to hear about your family's recent loss - my thoughts are with you. As for spoodle, I think that will stick!!

The colours of Noro yarns are stunning I think - though a little costly. Has to be an pattern I have fallen in love with to justify the expense, expecially when there are such beautiful other options out there!

Thanks for your lovely comments about my new blog. Having problems tonight and have managed to lose my profile/links to the bottom of the page. I should stick with knitting!

Sunday, July 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home